StartARTSM Annual REI Nursing Congress Scientific
& Therapeutic Approaches To Assisted
Friday & Saturday August 2-3, 2019
Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
Archived, for viewing purposes only.
The Annual REI Nursing Congress: Scientific & Therapeutic Approaches To Assisted Reproductive Technology (StartARTSM
) provides a unique and comprehensive educational opportunity for IVF nurses, featuring critical updates on the latest advances in reproductive medicine from procedures and protocols to genetics, bioethical and legal issues. The objective of this annual congress is to provide late-breaking information, cutting-edge techniques, and best practices to improve ART outcomes. This goal is enhanced by the unique contributions that IVF nurses make to the field of reproductive medicine through their skills, compassion, and caring.
After attending this educational congress, the attendee should be able to:
- Summarize recent breakthroughs in ART including their risks, benefits and controversies;
- Distinguish strategies for selecting stimulation protocols according to responder types to optimize outcomes;
- Explain the challenges and management issues associated with advanced parental age;
- Discuss the impact of disease and treatment strategies for endometriosis and PCOS on reproductive potential;
- Apply guidelines and algorithms to improve recurrent pregnancy loss;
- Describe the controversy surrounding transfer of mosaic embryos;
- Discuss the importance of ultrasonography in reproductive medicine, including but not limited to monitoring ovulation and diagnosis conditions such as endometriosis, pelvic masses and early pregnancy;
- Review progress in male reproductive medicine;
- Debate current legal and liability issues encountered in ART practice;
- Examine concepts and progress in stem cell research;
- Differentiate between cryopreserved and fresh embryos in terms of outcomes;
- Describe innovations in lab techniques from IVF retrieval to embryo transfer;
- Demonstrate the value of preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy;
- Summarize advances in fertility preservation and the application of current guidelines.